View Single Post
Old 08-30-2020, 04:18 PM   #1
CallMeMcCringleberry
Rookie

CallMeMcCringleberry's Arena

OVR: 0
ULTRA REALISTIC SIMULATION ROSTER (MADDEN 21)

REALISTIC ROSTERS SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED FOR TRUE TO LIFE SIMULATION FOOTBALL

PS4 Gamertag for roster download: OxtapussTTV
LAST UPDATED: 9/8

ROSTER INTRODUCTION
These rosters are made exclusively for those of you that strive year after year to doctor Madden into a realistic, simulation game, since they always fail to do so. The ratings are completely unbiased (I am purely a lover of football as a whole, I have no favorite team), and they are strongly based off of Pro Football Focus (PFF) player grades, past performance, and projected upcoming performance. Also, I will look at and weigh each position equally, so a player will not be rated higher just because they are a Quarterback, than if they are a similarly talented Free Safety, just because Quarterback is the most "valuable" position. My ratings will use a very large range of ratings, so that when you have a player that is a high caliber superstar (95), it will feel very strong when you go up against a low-tier, run of the mill starter (75). So, if you want an experience where superstars FEEL like superstars, where stars feel like stars, and where interchangeable players feel like interchangeable players, then this will be the roster set for you.

PERSONAL INTRODUCTION
I am a second year law school student that has played football nearly all my life and I am an absolute lifelong football junkie. Ever since I was a kid I was constantly trying to adjust rosters and employ "house rules" to make the game feel more like the game we see on Sundays. I have absolutely no other purpose to be here than to help you finally realize your dream of playing a game that plays as true to life as possible.

THE RATINGS...

99 OVERALL
(1 total player AKA top .04% of all players) Reserved exclusively for the absolute best of the best historically. This range will not include great players. This range is for the players that we look at and see that they are more than just Hall of Famers. A player in this range will be a true era definer and will be one of the standards when you are looking at who the best EVER was in their respective position. Players in this range include:
  • ONLY Aaron Donald

98-95 OVERALL
(9 total players AKA .34% of all players) There is a reason this is the top half percent of all players in the League. These are the absolute Superstars that are all surely future Hall of Famers who have endured sustained extreme success. These are the players that coaches have absolute nightmares about because they can beat you in pretty much every way. When you have one of these players, you can feel the greatness because they will make plays that lower tier players just cannot. Players in this range include:
  • Patrick Mahomes
  • Julio Jones
  • George Kittle
  • Khalil Mack
  • Stephon Gilmore

94-90 OVERALL
(44 total players AKA 1.6% of all players) Big time superstars here, just not quite top ten players in the entire league. These are the cream of the crop players that low end teams may only have one or zero of these guys, while the top teams may have around 5 of them. These players have been dominating the league in their own right but just not quite to the level of a Mahomes or Kittle. These are the type of guys that everyone wishes their team's first round draft picks develop into. This range includes:
  • Russell Wilson
  • Christian McCaffrey
  • Michael Thomas
  • Quentin Nelson
  • Jalen Ramsey

89-86 OVERALL
(81 total players AKA 3.7% of all players) These are your classic, high end players that toe the line between stardom and superstardom. A young player in this range is an emerging star that could likely become the next DeAndre Hopkins or Von Miller, if they are in a good situation. An older player in this range is likely someone that was once a top 20 player in the league, and while they are still fantastic, they are not quite playing at that Hall of Fame caliber anymore. Players in this range include:
  • Deshaun Watson
  • Saquon Barkley
  • Stefon Diggs
  • Mark Andrews
  • Derwin James

85-81 OVERALL
(179 total players AKA 6.7% of all players) These are your high end starters in the League. These are very solid players that you definitely would not want to lose but if you do, it would not necessarily be the end of the world or a complete franchise ruiner. Younger guys in this range are right on the verge of becoming real stars in this league if they can just show a little bit more, on a consistent basis. Older players in this range are likely long time starters that were always very good (possibly even stars). Players in this range include:
  • Matthew Stafford
  • Leonard Fournette
  • JuJu Smith-Schuster
  • Jaylon Smith
  • Malik Hooker

80-76 OVERALL
(289 total players AKA 10.8% of all players) These are your basic starters. These are guys that you are happy having start for you as they can be a key piece in the complex puzzle that is your offense or your defense. However, do not let yourself be fooled by one of these guys. Players in this range can have a "breakout" Pro Bowl season seemingly out of nowhere, but that does not change the fact that they are just average starters in the grander scheme. Pay these guys like mid-tier starters and you'll have a nice base to build around:
  • Derek Carr
  • Matt Breida
  • Randall Cobb
  • Rashaan Evans
  • Darqueze Dennard

75-71 OVERALL
(441 total players AKA 16.5% of all players) Here we have your "gap-fillers" or more plainly these are your low-end starters. These are guys that round out a roster nicely and will have spot contributions here and there. However, these are not top players on your team by any means. A younger player in this range likely showed flashes that they could maybe be a star one day but they are just too inconsistent still and need more time to realize their full potential. Older players in this range likely enjoyed a year or two as a high-end starter because they had fortunate years in the given system, but they are really just decent players that can hold a spot while the team tries to build up all around them. These players can start for you, but realistically you would love to either have them further develop, or replace them with a better player. In a perfect world, these players will be your top end back-ups. Players in this range include:
  • Teddy Bridgewater
  • D'Andre Swift
  • N'Keal Harry
  • Kevin King
  • Jeff Heath

70-65 OVERALL
(Most players that reach the NFL). Let's keep it real, these guys are career back-ups. There's no shame in having these guys on your roster, actually it's quite the opposite. These guys are cheap and should be the guys that you trust to fill in here and there for a few weeks throughout the season as injuries inevitably happen. These will also be your special teams guys. CAUTION: still choose these guys carefully, if you lose a starter in a freakish, year-ending injury, one of these guys could end up starting the entire year for you. These players include:
  • Marcus Mariota
  • T.J. Logan
  • Laquon Treadwell
  • Deone Bucannon
  • Phillip Gaines

64 AND BELOW
Besides maybe a couple rookies that you see something in, you should not have these guys on your roster. The ceiling for these players are career back-ups, while their floor is in a grocery store mopping the floor, within the year. A final 53 man roster with more than maybe two of these guys is a sign of poor drafting and atrocious free agency bidding. Players in this range include:
  • A.J. McCarron
  • Tony Brooks-James
  • John Ursua
  • Miles Killebrew
  • Adonis Alexander

MY SLIDER SET (ALL-MADDEN)
USER

QB ACC- 42
PASS BL- 48
WR CATCH- 50
RUN BL- 50
FUM-50
PDRT- 57
INT- 30
PASS COV- 50
TACK- 47

CPU
QB ACC- 28
PASS BL- 50
WR CATCH- 45
RUN BL- 48
FUM- 50
PDRT- 50
INT- 25
PASS COV- 50
TACK- 46

Last edited by CallMeMcCringleberry; 09-13-2020 at 06:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove