View Single Post
Old 08-31-2020, 12:22 PM   #4
Reinfarcements
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: KO Power (Heavy Hitter Perk Idea)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRizzzle
I used randomness because that's how it's often described in these circles. But im not actually advocating for RNG.

In reality, nothing in MMA is random. There are a lot of lucky punches though.

If I fight Martial Mind online he's going to wash me almost everytime. Doesn't mean I can't one day throw a perfect strike from the perfect distance and catch him for a KO. Was it random? No, all the conditions were correct for it to happen.

Could I replicate it game over game at the same level he could? No, and thats why it's still skill based.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
RNG done right (Fight Night Champion) is still absolutely skill based. Having a 50% chance to KO someone, even under very specific perimeters, is still RNG.

You are absolutely correct when you say nothing in MMA is random in reality. The issue is, no one has found a way to replicate feeling of "anything can happen" except with RNG. Which I still think is a very capable system when done right. This would include skill checks like you mention, counters, perfect distance shots, ect.

Kind of like Fight Night Champion (I keep mentioning Fight Night because its striking is largely celebrated by this community despite the fact it used the big no-no........RNG)