View Single Post
Old 09-11-2020, 12:12 AM   #6
bevofrancis
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K21 Shot Stick Tutorial for Aiming, Courtesy At Me Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erithtotl
No complaints about someone trying to help people get better.

That said, his main tip is 'stare at the shot meter, even before it pops up'. This might be good advice, but also just emphasizes one of the issues . A lot of people hate meters because they break immersion and rather than watch your character and the animations you are looking at a meter. This just makes that worse.

I'm curious, are people seeing others be successful with the shot aiming? I've played about 30 games of rec so far and maybe %5 of the people are using it and of those %0 are successful.
I have only seen I think 1 other person use it in rec in 15 games or so. I tried it tonight for the first time and went 19-21 from 3 over 3 rec games. I had been shooting 40% using the button but gave it a try after playing around with it in my court. It's way too easy to shoot with. Hopefully no one else starts using it. If they do it'll get a major nerf soon.

I don't even look at the meter. Just push straight down and if you get even close with aiming and slightly late early or excellent with the trigger for timing it goes in. Way easier to use for running shots too. I really thought I would never use it but it's crazy how much more of a boost it gives compared to using the button.