Old 09-15-2020, 04:14 PM   #31
VDusen04
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: New Classic Teams in NBA 2K21?

Quote:
Originally Posted by antdoggydogg
Bailey Howell is in MyTeam this year! That means they can include some of the late 60's Celtics team with him on it.

1967 Celtics rotation is 98.3% complete
1969 Celtics rotation is 92.5% complete

Before anyone says we already have one Bill Russell team, consider the fact that they won 11 titles and only have 1 iteration of their team in the game. We need a Cousy version of the team and later version of the dynasty. I can see 1968 and 1969 being an issues because Bill Russell was the coach and they'd have to somehow remove the coach from the sidelines/in-game menus so I'm leaning towards the 1967 team.

Here is a list of the other 60s teams that are close:

1969 Lakers 74.2% (Still in his prime Baylor/direct rival to 69 Celtics)
1967 Warriors 65.4%
1967 76ers 51.7%
That's a nice addition! Did he make the cut on the All-Time Pistons? I'm guessing not on account of everyone else already on the roster. Still, nice to know people are still being added.

As it pertains to those older teams, it'd be cool to see some of the old 2K12 options pop back up at some point. You can bend and meld the game with sliders in order to play through believable games with 1980's teams on forward. But once you get back into Cousy/Wilt days, you kind of need some help from 2K. 3-point line toggle, specific rules, maybe a couple more super basic dunk packages that don't break away the rim, etc.

I know, super classic customization is such a niche addition that it's hard to justify, but whatevs. I actually feel like those kind of unique additions could draw some folks into playing with those teams who otherwise wouldn't. Or, if the 3-point toggle or rule changes were available for all teams, it could put a twist on standard games. I think it could be kind of cool to be able to pit the modern Warriors against, say, Wilt and the 60's Lakers but with no 3-point line.

Last edited by VDusen04; 09-15-2020 at 04:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove