View Single Post
Old 09-16-2020, 06:54 PM   #4
zrohman
Pro

zrohman's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Playstation 5 US release date 11-12-2020

I know this is a "ps5" post. My point is to push back against people with an only ps5 mentality, to show that there is another great console coming out too, and this is an exciting time for gaming no matter what console you want.

Xbox:
Game Pass
Play and stream countless titles from your cell phone, tablet, or PC
Arguably better specs

PS5:
Some better exclusive titles

In my opinion PS5 has been the typical choice "just because" but times seem to be changing. The Xbox One X was better than the Ps4 Pro, and it appears the new Series X has arguably better specs than the PS5. But they will be close either way.

What we have to see now is that this is the future of gaming: game streaming. PS5 seems like a short-sighted choice because of that. Xbox giving you the ability to play your titles on nearly any device and on the go is a huge game changer. Some stadia titles have cross play so you could use the same xbox controller to play with stadia.

Bottom line is this: If you want value, and you don't even have a 4k tv anyway, just get the Xbox Series S. If you want the best of the best, get the Series X, and on both consoles, you can stream your games on the go when you want,

Plus, add in the fact that the consoles have financing plans, and if you consider the cost of game pass ultimate+the console, you are actually financing them for LESS THAN RETAIL price. The fact that you can pay just $25 a month and get started on next gen, playing games on your console or phone, that is a game changer, especially for those with 1080p tvs.

And if you have an iPhone and can't game stream. Hopefully you can see how stupid Apple's recent practices are to game streaming. They literally think game streaming services should list each game individually, forcing us to download hundreds of titles onto our phone separately, despite the fact that Netflix is allowed to keep their whole catalog in the app.

If you choose the PS5 that's fine. Just consider the fact that you have great options no matter what console you choose.