View Single Post
Old 09-22-2020, 11:16 PM   #1
tg88forHOF
Pro

OVR: 0
Safety Run Support upgrades

Has anybody else noticed that upgrading the Run Support safety archetype is more optimal than the previous two years of the archetype system....maybe a little too optimal?

In previous years, dropping a point in Run Support would usually get you upgrades in PRC, TAK, AWR, and sometimes BSH. ZCV and MCV would upgrade, but rarely and slowly...that was the trade-off for taking a point in that archetype; your coverage would suffer over time.

This year, I'm still getting the other upgrades, but I'm also regularly getting 2-3 points across the two coverages...this last upgrade on a 73 OVR SS was a total of 5 stats: 1 in PRC and AWR, 2 in BSH, 1 in MCV, and 2 in ZCV. It's doing this consistently for me across all safeties, even those that already have reasonable coverage scores (I had an 82 OVR Zone archetype FS, who already had low 80s in both coverage scores get a point in each the other day, in addition to the Run Support stats).

It's very similar to M19, where Speed Rusher was the optimal upgrade to take for every DT, regardless of their archetype, because of the generous point spread it gave in other stats....enough so that EA tuned Speed Rusher down in M20.

I've been noticing this all year, so it's not a patch-related change. Anybody else seeing this, or do I just have the perfect storm of S stats to cause generous upgrades?
Advertisements - Register to remove