Old 09-25-2020, 02:19 PM   #8
LowerWolf
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: WWE 2K Battlegrounds Available Today - Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
How are we enjoying the game a week later? I've got the game (Switch) sitting in my shopping cart. Not thrilled about the small roster to start, but sounds like the gameplay is pretty solid and fun.
Take this with a bit of a grain of salt since I'm as casual as you can get when it comes to wrestling. I'm enjoying the game, but in the same way I'm sure a casual football fan enjoys Madden.

I love the look of the game and I think the gameplay, for the most part, is pretty solid. Moves are pretty simple, but some can be a little tricky to pull off. A lot of the mini games (kicking out of a pin) involve mashing the trigger buttons. I have yet to win one of those. It's just not very intuitive for me. A lot of the move sets are the same across wrestlers. It could probably use a bit more variety there.

Most of the wrestlers are locked by default, but I'm having fun trying to unlock them. And it is fairly easy to earn brawler bucks (or you can buy golden bucks) to unlock them. Some are also unlocked playing the campaign.

The campaign is a story mode involving seven (I think it's seven) fictional wrestlers. There's also a Battlegrounds mode where you can take your CAW. Of course, a lot of the CAW accessories are locked by default as well.

I'm planning on having my own little universe using exhibition matches. I wish they'd patch in titles so I can have champions.