View Single Post
Old 09-26-2020, 10:40 AM   #8
RetroDee4Three
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Real 2K Project | Slider Reviews and Recommendations

This is a slippery slope, and you need to understand why.

Not only do people have different playstyles, but they also have different skill levels. And, they often have different feelings on pace, what negatively impacts the experience, and more.

For example, my sliders (I have been doing them for 3 releases on here, and more over the NLSC), have great feedback overall, because they specifically target player movement (the feel, flow, pace) in order to give the user a more balanced, less frustrating fun experience. My sliders are NOT a complete slider set, the main goal is improved player movement and trying to remedy some of the canned two man animations, being sucked into players constantly, speed/acceleration breaks, giving the user the ability to actually catch and go, accelerated off a first step or bounce, be able to go up on the paint with more freedom, etc.

They also target shooting, and offensive/defensive rebound balance etc.

You could use my set, and it not be for you (just like any other set) and give it a poor review, which would turn off people who may have tried the set had they not seen the review, people who COULD have benefited from it. You also mentioned posting numbers, that is not fair to the slider maker, either. As the numbers depend highly on the USER controlling the action. The skill level of the user, the pace of the user, and other factors.

And I am saying this not just for my sliders, but for ANYBODY who creates sliders on here. For example, a lot of people Live Shady Mike's sliders, but they are not for me. How fair would it be for me to give a slider review giving his sliders a poor grade, which would turn OFF people who could benefit from them?

Again, I see what you are trying to do. But you need to factor in all I mentioned above. For myself, if you go back and look at my 2K20 and 2K19 slider feedback, I have pages upon pages of great results where people had an improved experience. I don't want my set, or someone else's sets not being used or looked at based on a review and overall grade in this thread. That is not fair to the slider maker in the least.

Creating sliders is a selfless act, with the goal of giving people options and hopefully improving the overall experience they have with the game. By giving reviews/grades on these OPTIONS, you are making it a competition and treating it like a selfish act. Whether that is your intent or not, that is how it comes off.

Not sure this has a place here.

Last edited by RetroDee4Three; 09-26-2020 at 10:48 AM.