View Single Post
Old 09-29-2020, 09:36 PM   #9111
doctorhay53
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
Here's a fatigue off set (i swear by fatigue off) that I've been cultivating over the course of a few years now.
Thank you for posting those! I have been stalking all of your old posts about fatigue off.... it's funny over the years seeing you go back and forth on QBA. I have a playcalling strategy with QBA=5 that for 2 drives I try not to throw anything except for a screen or a shallow cross, otherwise it's bound to be an overthrown pick and a bad day overall.

I am re-thinking my desire to keep HFA on, but I want to do something... what I've sort of settled on is a house rule about audibles that let's me do whatever I want at home.... on the road my QB must have AWR over 90 (so likely a guy with a couple seasons of starts under him).

I have implemented my own dynamic progression algorithm that is applied to the entire PLAY table; basically I take the game's progression and I add or subtract a percentage of every attribute that goes into that positions overall rating (according to PocketScout's NCAA 13 post). I have it set up so that on average, a player will decline by 2% after the game's default progression. This will help stop those random 3* 69 OVR players from turning into a 95 by RS SR year. It also allows really rarely for guys that were like 55 OVR to become 99 OVR.

I also went ahead an implemented the house rule that I can only use my coordinator's playbooks and strategies.

Between all of these things, learning playbooks and having randomness to progression, I have a LOT to keep me interested in this dynasty. Just need the sliders to put up a fight without being too unrealistic for me. This season I've already beaten 3 top 25 teams in the Big 12 on the road.... looking forward to plugging in your settings and giving it a go!
Advertisements - Register to remove