View Single Post
Old 10-09-2020, 06:50 AM   #2
Bixer
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA Legacy Games on Nintendo Switch?

I now exclusively play FIFA on Switch. As a career mode only player for a game that regularly takes 200+ hours of my team each year, the ability to play anywhere trumps all else.

I always felt like FIFA 18 on Switch was essentially just FIFA 16. FIFA 19 was definitely a slight change in gameplay, but it's tough to know exactly to what extent and I suppose it'll be impossible to ever confirm as obviously EA won't be keen to admit that.

I'm actually still playing FIFA 19 and as I assume the gameplay is identical in 20 and 21, the sliders I'm currently using (that I can remember as I'm currently at work) are:

Gameplay speed: Slow

Sprint speed: 14
Acceleration: 48
Shot Error: 63
Pass Error: 53
Shot Speed: 49
Pass Speed: 28
Injury Frequency: 99
Injury Severity: 72
GK Ability: 49
Marking: 2*
Run Frequency: 99
Line Height: 56
Line Length: 2*
Line Width: 46
FB Positioning: 99
FT Control: 98

For Marking and Line Length I got frustrated with how unrealistic they were at default, so I thought I'd put them right down to 1 and then slowly increase them game by game until they felt right. 2 is definitely too low for both, but it's going to end up closer to that than it will 50. When the CPU attack, take a look at the HUD at the bottom and how the rest of your team behave. Marking at 50, for some reason your attacking players decide this is the time to get tight to the CPU CBs and FBs, even if they aren't involved in the attack. This needs to be significantly lowered to stop this strange behaviour and hopefully encourage the whole team to actually defend appropriately.

Sprint Speed and Pass Speed probably look wildly low to some, but honestly this is how the game feels most realistic. You could push each up a point or two, but honestly no more than that imo.

I think it's important to have Run Frequency and FB Position much higher with slower sprint speed and passing and much tighter line length etc - otherwise your players will be too reluctant to ever separate from the rest of the pack.

FT Control similarly stops every player from having velcro on their boots, regardless of the difficulty of the pass, so anything less than 90 is unrealistic in this regard.