View Single Post
Old 10-23-2020, 09:41 AM   #4
JimmyK
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K21 Next-Gen MyPlayer Deep Dive

I don't see any negatives with removing pies, most players out there are 99 overall anyway. All pies did was force everyone down the same rabbit hole of builds and I hate that the Park had no variety or diversity in builds you faced. In that main build from the promo, the 6'5 guard had a perimeter defense in the 40s or 50s, and 1 defensive badge, so that tells me even the OP offensive builds will be more trash than usual on defense. Tall players, maybe for the 1st time ever won't be useless outside of 1 thing.

Now obviously I want to mess around with it to see scenarios but there doesn't seem to be attribute points, just you level up to 95 however you want. And since that includes all your physicals it will include some tough decisions. But there are a ton more variables, I don't care if builds can be OP so long as it's fun for us all. I think that's the point, not to neuter builds and make us role players.

I do want to see what some of the caps are. Ie if you are a 6'8 PG with max wingspan, what would be your potential max on 3 ball, speed, and dribbling? I assume not 95 overall across the board, so that's where my curiosity lies at now.