View Single Post
Old 10-25-2020, 03:26 PM   #7
Jerromy
Rookie

Jerromy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Career of Jerromy Peters

OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR JERROMY PETERS POST GAME PRESS CONFERENCE

Coach Peters I saw great things out on the field today by my guys. We established a game plan for this particular game and it worked out great. I told they guys that no matter what situation they find themselves in, we stick to the plan. That was to burn the clock and get the ball down the field when we could.

Yes we have some things to work on. I wasn't happy with some of the dropped passes. We had several times on 3rd down, open receiver dropped the 1st down catch and killed the drive. We kept our heads up and stuck to our plan though, and as you saw it eventually paid off.

We ran the ball more than I'm comfortable with during this game, but that is what I call situational coaching. I didn't see it making sense throwing the ball on a 3rd and short situation. I could already hear the fans yelling at me if I chose to pass the ball. Kato is a great player and knows when to use his legs to pick some yards up. That's the great thing about it, while we are an air raid offense, we have a QB who can identify when its time to take off and go for the first down and keep the drive alive. I think with that, we can open it up for questions!

Reporter Andre Williams had a huge day today. Only 5 catches, but got 131 yards and a touchdown. Are you surprised by his performance?

Coach Peters Andre has been working really hard during practices. I knew eventually he would break out and have a huge day, did I expect it to be today?? No. I'm being honest with you. I was thinking that Stewart or Morris would be the ones to have huge days, but it was Andre's day. He got wide open several times and was able to make plays, but at the same time he was part of the group that dropped passes when he was wide open. Everyone has something they need to work on.

Reporter Kato Nelson was decent today both in the passing and running game. Going forward are we gonna see more from the running game?

Coach Peters Like I said before, Kato is a QB that has a set of legs that he can use to get out of trouble. He can identify when he needs to scramble and when to set and throw.