View Single Post
Old 10-26-2020, 02:16 PM   #3
misterkrabz2
Rookie

OVR: 0
As a lifelong fan of Motocross games, I've bought most of them over the years...MXGP, Monster Energy Supercross, MX v. ATV, etc....I sort of agree with your premise, I also think they've reached a peak. I enjoy all the games but the play cycle is the same for all of them, I play them, appreciate the changes, work on some challenges then reach a point where I never play them again...for what ever reason. I don't really see anything that is pulling me to buy a new version of their games...I didn't even buy Supercross 3, and that series may be my favorite. These games really need to expand on the multiplayer/competitive aspect with better online play, better matchmaking, better rewards systems, etc...the unpredictability of human opponents is much more appealing than racing AI over and over again....it's the same concept for online shooters....I'd never play Call of Duty for example if all it was a game against bots. If the racing games are going to grow their player base and keep people engaged with their games, they're gonna have to find a way to grow the online community and give people a reason to play online. And from my perspective, none of these Motocross games does a good job of this which is why they grow stale quickly. It's like their online/competitive component is tens years behind industry standard.*