View Single Post
Old 10-27-2020, 12:38 AM   #3
12_Adriyel_12
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: I Love Everything About UFC 4....Except

The Grappling needs to be completely redone, IMO.

It doesn't make sense logically, realistically and for a video game trying to represent MMA.

For Example (I have to keep bringing up UFC Undisputed 3)

In real life, if I want to hold someone in my guard, I simply lock my guard crossing my legs and depending on how strong my legs are, and how tired my legs are should depend on how long I can hold my opponent in my guard.

In UFC Undisputed 3 it was easier to break someone's guard if they're tired, which made sense.

In UFC 4, you can't manually lock down your guard, because you're only allowed to play a guessing game of "guess which way I'm gonna transition fake" and hopefully you can deny it in time. That logic makes zero sense in a videogame aspect of trying to represent MMA.

Now as the player on top, for example in real life from Side Control, to hold someone down, you literally have to GRASP and HOLD them down. UFC Undisputed 3 had this aspect correct in that you have to HOLD THE STICK and GRASP and HOLD the opponent down. It makes SENSE.

So if I'm holding you down by holding the right stick left or right, it should be easier to break the hold based on how tired or damaged the fighters arms are.

But no, on UFC 4, you only have to block a few "easy to tell" transitions and then you can keep the opponent down forever. It makes zero sense. That's why players who have a PS4 Pro or Xbox One X have an easier time blocking transitions and can hold you down forever because they can see the transition animation quicker and deny you all day until you're gassed. (It's an unfair advantage to those who only have the base version of the PS4 and Xbox)

I no longer online because I will always lose to those players who know which animation is coming and deny it easily because the ground game on UFC 4 is checkers and not chess.

Don't even let me get started on the "Transition Fakes".

Who has EVER seen an MMA fighter spaz out left and right to fake a transition??? I'll wait. Lol even the COMPUTER uses the spaz out left and right to fake a transition. SMH

PLEASE EA SPORTS, REVAMP THE GRAPPLING, MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!

I love UFC 4 and everything it has, but I can't stand the ground game. I KNOW how to use the ground game, but it's just so boring, stiff and stale once it hits the ground.