View Single Post
Old 10-29-2020, 04:02 AM   #5
ILLSmak
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Next-Gen NBA 2K21 Gameplay Reactions From the Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by papaey
I'm more concerned about how cpu play. Give us user vs cpu gameplay rather than user vs user.

They are slowly working on getting it right. CPU offense still way too slow. Everyone else hates the arcade 'fast break game', but I think it's a good start, it's more than the computer doesn't make smart choices. You can just weave up the floor if you do it right.

Hopefully they fix contact on perimeter. That's what clogs up a lot of the game. Contact on perimeter, contest radius decrease, make the game more about inches than sweeping moves, as we have expected.

I remember seeing a guy do a reverse lay up in 2k21 this gen and I was like man that's cheesy, but then I was like nah know what it's kinda fair that people get good lay ups. Contact dunks exists, greens, post spin, drop step... give dudes a way to attack the basket without getting just glomped and stopped.

I also think the AI should employ certain zones, both in MC and versus. These are my povs after some exp w/ the game vs ai. The ai needs zones like real zones, but they also need zones like anti-cheese zones. The whole idea of a zone like a 2-3 was to keep people out of the paint, well, there are different things in 2k you wanna stop people from doing, so if the cpu can know where you are prol going with more certainty and defend at least your best option better... then it will change a lot.

-Smak
Advertisements - Register to remove