View Single Post
Old 10-30-2020, 03:05 PM   #2
jrnlgrn
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Next-Gen PES 2022 - What Can the Previous Next-Gen Launches Tell Us?

I'm expecting big things next year but also willing to accept that if it's not good I might be out of the market for soccer games or at least be at a point where I only play Football Manager. The season update is solid but I can see them totally flubbing 22 by trying to emulate/chase EA in all the wrong ways.

Konami needs to focus on making a solid Master League, stick with realistic game play and expand on the customizability of it's game. I remember reading they wanted to make a lot more of PES customizable for 22. This is one time I'm okay with a company leaning on it's user to do some of the work. Just make Option Files or whatever future system more user friendly and expand on it. The community does some great work.

Accept the fact that maybe your market is a bit more niche. Or at least that you have a hill to climb that will take a while to conquer. Focus on realistic gameplay and master league that's he strength of PES. Let EA have it's arcade-ish mess of ultimate team they have a stranglehold on it and will ultimately (pun intended) lose that as more countries realize that it's gambling.

Ditch MyClub and go for something similar to Pro Clubs and make that your eSport. Do something similar to overwatch league. Imagine a real life team sport having an eSport that *shockingly* is played by a team!

With the switch to unreal engine that will hopefully make player customization and player models a 100% better as they are currently terrible. The animations look great but off get to close and it's uncanny valley robots.

Low hanging fruit but the UI/UX is straight garbage. It runs slowly and has so many random sub menus it's hard to find anything. As was mentioned in the article clearing those notifications everytime I load is a pain.