Old 11-03-2020, 11:04 AM   #106
JEJunior
MVP

JEJunior's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: RIVALS LAST RUN 2029-2030

ACC Championship
6 NC State vs 14 Miami

1st drive they come out in a Georgia Tech type option attack. I went with 3 different plays to stop it and they got 5 to 15 yards on all 3, got some good positioning on the 4th and decided to stick with it but they were already in scoring range and went up 3-0. We test their run defense first as usual and get a good run with 12 personnel(2 TEs) so we keep that going and end up in the endzone. 7-3 Canes. Nobody else scored the rest of the half, we had 2 redzone chances but threw interceptions.

2nd half it looks about the same but we hit a deep pass and go up 14-3. Im thinking we got them figured out but they score the next play with a FB dive right up the middle. 14-10. We score again and Im still not worried but they get another long td run. 21-16 and I think theyre kicking the XP so I go grab a bag of fruit snacks from the kitchen, they go for 2 and get it [emoji58]. 21-18. At this point its the 4th and Im calculating the time and playing the numbers in my head once that 3 minute mark hits. We get to 4th down and 1 in fg range and Im thinking "if I fg theyll go for the td, defense been playing great besides 2 plays, but blown coverages are common, but if I dont get the conversion they'll probably focus on fg range and take it to OT. I get the conversion and kill some time before Smiley gets in the endzone again. 4:30 minute drive overall. They dont score, Canes are the ACC Champs, hoping we keep the program going up.

OSU and Nebraska were in OT tied at 35 so Arch will either play OSU or ND