View Single Post
Old 11-10-2020, 12:59 AM   #8
SlimFast_GymRat
Rookie

SlimFast_GymRat's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K21 Xbox Series X Gameplay Video - Brooklyn Nets vs. Golden St. Warriors (25

Overall, the game is a good improvement. Here's some takeaways:

• The game appears to be on rookie/pro difficulty. Play execution may have been better from the CPU on higher settings, but I'm not sure as tendencies are probably untouched.

• Dribbling & Movement looked great! A lot more fluid and natural. I even seen player switch the ball between hands in the correct scenarios. When players blew by perimeter defenders there was no sliding or excessive "wall-up" defense to recover. Freedom of movement definitely stood out to me.

• While sig. shots need to be updated, I seen some nice new pullups, new contests on shots around the rim, as well as proper layup animations in the appropriate context.

• Defensive P&R actions from the AI need to improve next year.

• Even though players at times still get caught in animations, they seem to initiate more at the correct moments. No unrealistic contests or blocks from 30 feet behind the player or weird contact in unwarranted sequences.

• Both the user & CPU played sub-average basketball. Sometimes playstyles can make a game appear worse than what it is. I felt the user could've laid off the speed and swung the ball a bit more to show some freelance action. It would've also been nice to see Steph & Klay in the midst of more off-ball movement coming off of pindowns, but I understand the prospect in trying to grasp the feel of a new game.

• I can't wait to see how this game plays with more accurate rosters (sig. shots/layup/dribble packages) and tendencies. The CPU's execution on set plays was less than stellar: I didn't see enough use of different moves around the rim, there was very little post play, the stepback wasn't utilized enough and there were too many instances of "full steem ahead" reactions.

• Some colors seem a bit washed; a reaction to the lighting, I suppose, but still.

• Some players/coaches are deserving of new facescans (ie. Jimmy Butler/Steve Nash). If every player is scanned the way Steph & Klay were in the future... Lord have mercy.

• The RT/reflections make a huge impression. Graphics look insane for JUST the 1st year of next-gen!

Last edited by SlimFast_GymRat; 11-10-2020 at 01:01 AM.