View Single Post
Old 11-10-2020, 12:48 PM   #5
Phillyboi207
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Guide to Avoiding and Countering Pressure Fighting (With Video)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey
My ESFL performance, for one, has a lot more to do with me not playing against highly ranked people on a daily basis. In UFC 3 I was in a camp filled with killers who played every day.

And despite that, I’m still a mf *** whippin player, with all due respect. Since this has become about me let’s examine my ESFL losses.

1. UnnoticedLegacy - Crushed this guy for 1.5 rounds, got put into half guard by Yoel Romero before any patches were released to nerf ground and pound and got put out by the spam which was killing everyone.

2. Suave Jamie - A close fight on the feet before I got taken down and pounded out (again, on the ground). This guy is 6-0 and the current champion.

3. Southpaw St - A decision loss with two close rounds and in the third he found a way to avoid my Henry Cejudo with TJ Dillashaw and I could not commit to strikes from range. Hmmm, that seems to be the opposite of pressure. He also whooped Jamie for 3 straight rounds before getting figured out.

4. DevRaider - We trade rocks in a Cody Garbrandt mirror match where basically one false move puts you to death with his massive power and glass chin. I went for a takedown and ate an uppercut.

So with all due respect, none of my losses were due to pressure and I still hold my own against anyone. Not to mention, I didn’t even develop this style until two weeks ago. So I’m taking that as an ignorant comment and assassination of my skill based on misrepresenting evidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I’ll go back and check them out but from memory I cant say I agree with your assessment of all the fights.

Not looking to assassinate anything. I genuinely would love to be wrong and for counter striking and outside fighting to be viable. I think you have plenty of skill. I just think the game is poorly balanced which hurts people who have the skill and knowledge to try and create their own meta.
Advertisements - Register to remove