View Single Post
Old 11-18-2020, 09:41 AM   #6
spfhelmiii
Rookie

spfhelmiii's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Linebacker pass coverage?

I have the same issue, and it largely feels like a combination of the above to me. I do think a major issue is the LBs spot-dropping and the pass-rush stonewalling can have an impact.

But to me, the biggest factors are the lightning fast release time and ball velocity for QBs, and that they don't "read" the defense like you or I. The CPU QB instantly knows who is open and who is not, all at the same time, whereas you and I have to actually use our eyes to check (or maybe some folks are good and use peripheral vision to see the whole field at the same time). But what it means is that the CPU always knows the instant a TE is open (if he is) and can get it out quickly... if the CPU doesn't throw quickly to the TE, it's either because the TE is not open (but for the reasons above, he usually is vs. a LB) or there is some other programmed reason that the QB isn't throwing it.

I play All Pro with the 49ers, who have great coverage LBs (Warner and Greenlaw), and the CPU still will throw a ton of quick completions to TEs unless I manually take it away... particularly early in the game.