View Single Post
Old 11-24-2020, 11:09 AM   #8
Thrustie
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Next-Gen NBA 2K21 Issues: Separating the Technical From the 'Fun'

I’m definitely enjoying the gameplay and think they did an excellent job, mostly, in building a solid engine for the game.

As you said, the Technical issues can add up to detract from the experience. As a primary Rec player the 60 overall AIs, lack of penalty for dashboarding and incorrect stat recording/display are annoying and need to be rectified.

From a balancing perspective, the contact dunks are a bit over the top and coupled with all the players being more or less Demi-gods raises some concern for me. 5 out is becoming the norm even for groups of randoms and with all that space, it’s pretty hard to defend from the top of the arc. Sag off and you get sprayed on, body up and you get dunked on. Rotating over to help contest the drive feels even more futile now because if they don’t just kick it to the player you left open, they cram it on your head. I feel like they need to dial back both shooting and contact dunks if we’re going to have anything that feels like basketball in the myplayer modes.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports