Old 11-25-2020, 06:15 PM   #4
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: FIFA 21 Next-Gen Preview - Breaking Down the Newest Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
I think you're right the competitive crowd will not like the feeling of fighting the controller due to fatigue. Because "responsiveness" trumps all and they will be the loudest voices, this will probably lead to decreasing fatigue across all modes. If only there was a solution that other games in the same company use for balancing different game modes...

Still excited for the upgrade but I was never expecting a dramatic overhaul or AI enhancements. As I said before, if they would make some subtle tweaks that would really improve gameplay -- the minor changes to blocks & such are fine but not the real issues -- I'd be happy.
The second when Murray Miracles III can't get on the end of a Hans Gruber manual through ball because of haptic related fatigue effects I'll probably say a few choice words in your ear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrnlgrn
Full disclosure I think this '21 is a terrible game. If someone likes it fair play but it's not the experience I want. It's becoming more evident that I'm not the target demo for the direction they want to go.

Haptic:
Anyone who's played Astro's Playroom knows how awesome the DualSense can be if developers use it to it's full capabilities. EA's tendency to only do things to the extreme whether good or bad gives me little hope that they can make the most of the controller especially in year one.

Activity Cards:
Still haven't used this in any game I've played yet. Like was mentioned games already load really fast. Also the jumping straight into an activity is a bit different in a sports title seeing how there is usually some "admin" work you want to do whether it be in opening a pack in FUT or doing some training in Career. Rarely do people just jump straight into things.

Visuals:
Like I said in the other post this is a given. It should look better things should continue to look more realistic that just the nature of computer graphics.

Atmosphere:
Fluctuating crowds (whether leaving during a match or a poor performing team not packing the seats), flares, smoke bombs in the stands is that in the game if not they still don't get the atmosphere. Fans walking into the stadium cool, what does it feel like on the pitch. Will the roar of the crowd be deafening in a Merseyside Derby or will it feel like every other match. Their description sounds like the atmosphere of watching on TV more than being on the pitch or in the stands.]

Next Level Simulation:
Said it in the other post but unless the animations also introduce some type of physics/collision engine then it's useless. You can have a million animations but if they happen because they "have to" happen to get to the next animation based on an algorithm it's just a poor representation of trying to emulate real life. It might look pretty but will continue to play terribly. How many times have instead of fixing a problem they just shorten how quickly or slowly an animation takes. It's the little in between movements that get neglected. Off ball humanization is a joke those little touches are nice but mean nothing in the end.

Dual Entitlement:
What KG said.

New Camera Angle:
So what exactly is this. I'm confused so what is the broadcast camera angle we have now. Maybe they won't have some stadium roofs clipping into view anymore.

Like I said in the other post no version of FIFA will ever touch my PS5 unless I hear really good things from people I trust. Can't keep giving EA a pass for just barely making a functioning game because out of loyalty or familiarity.
Agree with everything you said jrn!

Regarding the camera angle, the angle should be a little bit more towards 45 degrees as opposed to the flat 180 degree we have now on Tele/Tele Broadcast. That's fine with me since we can change it BUT what I'd really like is "Stadium Specific" cameras.

Put all of those licenses to use where if you're playing in Bournemouth's Vitality stadium the camera is noticeably closer as their stadium is on the small side. On the flip side a massive stadium like the Bernabeau will be more zoomed out. I have PES PC mod that does this and it takes away matches to the next level. You're fighting the home team, home crowd, and home stadium camera!