View Single Post
Old 11-26-2020, 03:19 AM   #1
kwabalicious
Pro

OVR: 9
Next Gen Playcalling Broken?

The playcalling doesn't work at all like how it should.

If any sort of auto playcalling is on, you can't execute a transition fastbreak without the point guard demanding the ball in the backcourt or teammates sprinting to their pre-play spots that are 5-10 feet behind the three point line.

If I decide to be opportunistic and drive to the cup early in the clock, my teammates won't bother to space the floor or be shot-ready. Right when my team gets the defensive rebound, a play is called, and my teammates are standing meters away from the three point line with no desire to be a threat to the defense.

It'd be nice if my teammates could be shot-ready when I am driving, or not just stand at arbitrary pre-play positions when there are legitimate scoring opportunities to be had.

Can the auto-playcall system be triggered later in the clock, after transition opportunities have been exhausted? Can my teammates be made to be ready to spot up and shoot if I abandon the play?

Otherwise, it really would be nice to just have a 2k smart play button to call the play in the halfcourt when I fail to get out in transition..

This feels like a little issue and it's hard for me to explain but it's currently killing the game for me. My teammates should always be ready to space out, spot up, and/or shoot off of my drives. I hope that this can be addressed in some fashion in a patch going forward.
Advertisements - Register to remove