View Single Post
Old 11-28-2020, 10:42 PM   #6
strosdood
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: The mystery of the missing off-ball contact animations

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
And now we have 0 animations and instead players just run in place as they collide with the invisible force field, which STILL takes players out of position with the added benefit of looking absolutely ridiculous.

I’m sorry but this is a completely basic, fundamental aspect of basketball that can’t just be yeeted because they thought that was a solution. The coverage on screen plays is the worst it’s ever been because the game doesn’t trigger animations that allow the defender to fight their way towards the shooter. If a player is in the way, the game sees this as an impassable barrier and makes the AI defender try to run all the way around all nearby players before he can then be directed to run towards the shooter.

This completely ruins the look and feel of the game, coupled with ruining a core aspect of off-ball defense. Call me dramatic but I see this as a huge deal [emoji2371]

I’ve been a lurker of OS for years and follow your sliders always...... I’ve never seen u this critical of a 2K game, which is strange since I think this is the best one to date and it’s not that close

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports