Old 11-29-2020, 09:04 PM   #6
Pappy Knuckles
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Game with new life thanks to next gen

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
I thought I'd start this with games a bit more 'under the radar' that are hugely benefited by XSX and PS5.

I got the sx and looked at the 'owned games' panel and re-downloaded a few games including a really good one named Wrecked!

For those who don't know Wrecked is like the old 'flatout' games where it's demolition derby and racing. I'm not into racing games as much anymore but this one has a survival aspect to it and has a level of satisfaction bashing into other cars that I like. MORE IMPORTANTLY - I didn't play as much on the onex since the load times were ATROCIOUS. Now I can boot up the game and play in a snap! It's amazing, before it had nba2k style load times (or longer) kind of like booting up red dead from scratch just to get into a race. Even though it was super fun, it never got play time because it was too much of a barrier to overcome for the most part. I'm going to load 2+ minutes into a 3min race? no. Now it just loads in maybe 10-20 seconds. Great game, with some of the worst load times on last gen. Now it's just a great game

What are some other gems out there that benefit?
I'm glad I'm experiencing this game for the first time on PS5 because those load times sound awful. Thanks for the recommendation, I'm having a lot of fun.