View Single Post
Old 11-30-2020, 04:31 PM   #6
khaliib
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: M21: Link OOTB w/Franchise Patch Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
So....starting from scratch. I install disk copy to my "external" drive. Do not allow it to update as you stated. Then disconnect and install it to "internal" drive and do all the updates.
Start a franchise and save a file. (or do I need to start the franchise from the OOTB version on the external drive first?)

I get the concept that you are allowing the "updated version" of Madden to patch the franchise save. Then when you access this franchise save via the "OOTB" installation it sees the franchise updates but not all the other patches that broke so many things. Correct?

I mainly game on PC and I do have the Xbox One X. I am interested in trying this but I am trying to understand how the Xbox doesn't get confused with an install on the external drive and internal drive at the same time. On PC I could understand (I just launch different .exe files) but how do you manage this on Xbox? Delete the patched version on the internal before reconnecting the external drive. Definitely interested but just need a little clarification.

Thanks in advance.
Correct....

Unlike xbox360 saves, each XB1 downloaded/saved game has its own individual file name with version noted although it’s stored in the same partition game folder, so it’s like loading a different game (from how I understood how it was explained to me)