View Single Post
Old 12-03-2020, 01:42 PM   #1
lemarflacco
Banned

OVR: 0
Next-Gen gameplay observations for the sim heads

For the sim- heads, just played a full game on 10 min quarters (All-Madden, didnt touch sliders) on PS5 and am extremely impressed! For background, I played current gen for a couple weeks and didnt touch it again because I hated it. Feel free to ask any questions but couple things I noticed :

- Game plays a lot slower and more realistic, able to see cut back lanes and blocks forming way better
- Players round off their routes and corners amazingly , plays where I went to turn up field and would step out of bounds on current gen, players rounded the corner and were aware of the sideline and did not step out of bounds
- Saw a couple LB's jumping TE routes to bat the ball down, EVEN WHEN I PLAYED ZONE!
- Held Lock to a 62% , playing just cpu suggested defense which is obviously a mix of zone and man coverages. ROBO QB seems to be gone and zone seems to work as intended . OMGGG
- DB's didnt do a complete 360's when guarding the slants, also noticed wr would do a little pick action when running crossers sometimes
- CPU QB looked as if he was actually going through reads as oppose to just auto throwing to rb and te every play
- CPU QB threw ball away , almost too much but he avoided sacks , and threw the ball away when applicable
- CPU QB made some errant throws
- I could move defenders pre snap and they would stick where I put them for the most part
- 2 PI calls where it just looked like the defender kinda was grabbing the WR's jersey
- sets with 4 WR'S ARE BACK! Even an easy way to get to that personnel grouping in the new playcall menu
- 4 CPU WR's caught balls , this with stamina not being increased , CPU ran some 4 WR formations
- Pass rush was realistic, stepping up in the pocket to avoid sacks worked
- me and cpu both had 2 sacks
- Rushing seemed OP for both teams, seems to be mainly because the fb's were falling too far forward on tackles but I think sliders can fix this
- Movement is amazing, jukes are amazing, they sort of juke downhill and through holes as oppose to just lateral east/west in current gen
- Had my RB auto-sub set to come out at 95 and Gurley pretty much came out every third or fourth play seems to be a little better than current gen.
- Had a touchdown on a sweet back should throw, also didnt notice 1, NOT EVEN 1, unrealistic spectacular catch where the WR looked he jumped off a trampoline to attempt a crazy catch in the air

Last edited by lemarflacco; 12-03-2020 at 02:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove