Archie56
MVP

Archie56's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: This game actually means a lot to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doyoueven85
What’s up,

I’ve been playing this game since it was released 15 years ago. I’m getting old lol. I love baseball and always will. I absolutely love this game. I’ve literally never gotten sick of it. It’s what I would consider a actual legit hobby of mine and something I always look forward to. I hadn’t played nearly as much as I used to the last four years that’s for sure. Career, I got married, bought a house, and I power lift.

Things changed for me this year like it has nearly all of us. It’s been awful and I hope everyone is staying safe through these challenging times. I was furloughed from my job like so many due to the pandemic. I was also diagnosed with a disease that has and will continue to change my and my families life. Honestly things just aren’t going to be the same. At least for a while. So I found myself unemployed, having surgeries, during a national pandemic.

I needed something to do during isolation not working and not being able to lift anytime soon. I bought a ps4 and the show and just started cranking out games like a mad man. I probably played to much lol. It’s been helpful. It sounds silly but it’s helped me remain somewhat sane. I cranked out two franchise seasons in like four months lol. But I guess it’s better than starring out the window and doctor appointments. I was able to win the World Series for the first time in god knows how long. I don’t know, this post is kind of weird. But I love baseball and this game always have and always will.

Stay safe fam
I know exactly how you feel man. Just like you, I have been sick for quite a while and had to resign from my job just over a year ago. Before that, I had a career, got married, and have a beautiful little girl. Gaming was something I did sparingly but always was a passion of mine ever since I was a kid. I'm 40, and am getting old myself. This disease definitely makes me feel older sometimes. After having to resign bc of my health, I started playing games a bit more, and then the pandemic happened which forced me to stay home even more bc I'm high risk. Especially this year, The Show has helped me get through some pretty tough times. I absolutely love baseball. It has been a love of mine ever since I can remember. To me, it's the greatest sport on earth. Aside from my beautiful wife and child, The Show has really helped me keep my mind off of my illness and gives me something to do to just relax. Being stuck at home for a year is definitely not ideal, but I'm glad I have this game to help pass the time. Thanks for sharing man

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk