View Single Post
Old 12-07-2020, 02:06 PM   #87
BaselineBakes
MVP

BaselineBakes's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Evidence why next gen pick and roll and help defense needs lots of work still

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonioshellz
In 2K18 people complained about the "Otto Porter" defense which gave up open 3s in the corner. So it looks like emphasis was place on guarding the corner 3s the following year.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Operation Sports mobile app

Yup, I remember that now. In 2k18 with some sliders on the jump shot defense strength and release I was able to make close outs a little more effective to mirror the show and get back defense that NBA teams do every play. For online it was an absolute nightmare though because corner threes were wide open all the time. We just need balance here, I feel like it’s close.

I hope we get to a point where the pick and roll game should be a read and react and the CPU ai should be switching up how they defend it throughout the game to keep us off balance. I’ve probably gotten through over 40 games in myNBA and some teams scheme it better than others with their defensive settings. The teams that are set to hard hedge and stick to it all game are Swiss cheese without rotations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk