View Single Post
Old 12-21-2020, 12:38 PM   #2
The Senator
Rookie

The Senator's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Favorite version of Madden

Without really taking time to sort things out, I'd probably list these four, since I can't really figure out a clear cut fifth selection:

Madden 95/96: A more expansive fieldview, the wonderful training games and presentation upgrade with full licensing that had progressively been added through the last few years. Being able to create players was amazing at the time, and I know I went crazy with that feature.

Madden 05: A full package, 2004 was the apex of NFL gaming with 2K5 at a discount, and one of the best Madden installments ever released. Franchise was at its best, as immersive as it would ever be, and the gameplay was well balanced compared to recent years and their offense heavy approaches.

Madden 10: As I recall, the best of the PS3 generation of the series, and fairly well balanced all around.

--

Honorable mentions, Madden 94(lots of gameplay upgrades, was extremely fun at the time), Madden 04(big time upgrade over 03, graphically, the big headed players from the early PS2 era were finally proportioned better, franchise got huge additions, now if only you didn't have Vick enter the Bo Jackson zone...), Madden 08(Weapons were fun as were the hit stick improvements, and I seem to recall it played well), Madden 20(Although there's plenty of issues with it, the X-Factor stuff attempted to pick up where Weapons left off in player differentiation, and it was likely the best of the PS4 era, despite my general disdain for the XP CFM era of Franchise)