View Single Post
Old 01-10-2021, 08:36 PM   #1
Walt Frazier
Pro

OVR: 0
Radical solutions for the completely broken next gen D...

It would be good if we could have a thread where people could list whatever left field 'solution' they may have tried, so as to help others.

Two big probs: no help D...and no double teams. Yes, you read that right. No double teams. This is unbelievable...but they have 'removed' them. It kills the game like nothing else.

Radical solution: I am now playing a season as the Cavs. Drummond is not a good enough post player to demand doubles. He is more put backs and scraps... and, with help sliders absolutely maxed out, there is enough there to stop the lower rated Cavs guards from penetrating at will.

Teams you simply can't use: Lakers, Philly, Rockets etc. LeBron and Simmons and Harden can literally get to the paint and lay up all game on hall of fame. I can't overstate how bad this is and what a massive disappointment coming from guys like Beluba and Da Czar.

Teams you simply can't use: Anyone with a post game. Joel Embiid can, literally, back down deep in the post (no doubles ever come) and score. Mismatched on a 5 foot guard? The AI just watches. I can't overstate how bad this is, and again, as a long term vet of these games I really can't believe Beluba and D Czar have overseen this. I hold those two in high regard, so this is a real let down. Surely a patch is coming.

So, basically you can't use strong teams / post players / dominant drivers if you want to play the CPU.

A crazy solution, but using the Cavs has at least give me more realism and a challenge. Ideal? No. A patch has to come.
Advertisements - Register to remove