View Single Post
Old 01-15-2021, 12:09 AM   #6
SouthernWarrior
Banned

SouthernWarrior's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How many players in franchise mode actually play important reps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden09operationFan
I would only have one important backup OL if not for my scheme needing a pass protecting LT and the rest of the line agile (I only keep 8 OL total). I like to draft fast pass rushing and coverage linebackers and slide one as the backup DE, so I feel safe there at linebacker. That backup safety is very important, he always seems to get a lot of playing time.
I wish there were a way to scout for kick returning. I just keep on drafting WRs in later rounds who had a great combine (ignoring height, strength and jump) and keep rotating them at WR4 and WR5 until I hit on one with a great KR and then utilize him until he wants too much money Lol.
I used to try to get the deepest competitive team until I started getting into cap troubles and not being able to resign starters, all because I resigned backups who were too good and, like you, I noticed did not see the field enough to justify paying them.

think I use a power scheme that includes LT and RT as pass protect, what is your offensive and defensive scheme? and playbooks?

and yeah, I've noticed at LB and DT and DE and WR I have guys who are solid players not playing any snaps at all. Usually starts to become an issue in year 7-8 or so