View Single Post
Old 01-17-2021, 02:39 AM   #1
WoolyGuy
Rookie

OVR: 0
Player progression idea and question

I am not sure if anyone has tried this, but I was going to mass edit all of the recruiting classes so they were around 10 less in their OVR than the game makes them,and then watch how they progress.

I want to see how many of these edited players will end up over 90, which might indicate they would have been rated over 100 if the game allowed that to be shown.

Currently there are a handful of players rated 99, and I don't know if that is their true rating. I wonder how high the ceiling in development really is.

I seem to recall years ago on the PS2 there was a guy that figured out the max rating possible was actually a lot higher than 99.

One reason I want to do this is I want to add another twist to the custom player progression ideas I have seen. I like the idea of a "generational talent" player, a guy that only comes along once in a decade to a team, like a Barry Sanders. To do that, you need to allow for a higher max rating for these special players.

My idea is to use custom progression tables like others have done, but make one 5 star player each year have an accelerated development coefficient. So they end up much better than their peers.

Questions:

Is the best way to change all the ratings that are components of the OVR, with their different weightings for the overall?

This would be really tedious, so instead, should I just mass lower every value by 5, and then let the resulting OVR be what it is? Something like that?

Has anyone tried something like this?

Does anyone see problems with this plan? Would it even work? Is anyone aware of things under the hood of this game that would make this a waste of time?

Last edited by WoolyGuy; 01-17-2021 at 02:41 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove