View Single Post
Old 01-19-2021, 12:59 AM   #1
tinpanalley
MVP

OVR: 10
Division realignment

Just thought I'd save you the trouble in case anyone was thinking of doing this.

It occurred to me that since the new divisions have the same number of teams as the regular ones (3 divisions with 8 teams, 1 with 7) that I would just rearrange them when setting up my Season so that they'd be in the configuration they're in for this 2021 season. I figured who cares what the conferences are called, west and east make no difference anyway. I imagined every team's schedule would simply be whatever the team's schedule was that I had replaced. So if every team went to a new division, then Team A in Division 1 would play mostly teams from Division 1 and the other teams I placed in that same division would do the same.

Except that isn't what happened.
Team A played the same schedule the team in THAT SLOT would have played normally. And with the teams now rearranged that caused even more confusing matchups.

Has anyone tried doing something similar? Considering the regular divisions are essentially regional as well, I'm going to start again and just try to keep them as similar as possible. My main goal is to try to match the divisions just to have similar standings to look at during the year.
Advertisements - Register to remove