View Single Post
Old 01-20-2021, 01:51 PM   #4
MSTATE12
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA 13. The 425 Defense...

This is not my write up. I got this from somewhere else in the forum a long time ago when i was learning about the 4-2-5. I hope it helps:

First and foremost the 4-2-5 is an athletic defense so it goes with out saying that the more speed you have the better it will be.

DE the least important position in this defense. You can get by with some low rated players here. But they should have good Acceleration(at least a B) no matter what speed they have and above all have high block shed( at least a B)

DT this is the only position where you can compromise speed. Make sure you get DT that are big (at least 280), strong (at least B), and have good block shed but more imp high POW move, so that way they wont get knocked back much and clog the middle.

MLB's Find LB with good speed (at least 4.52) and good acceleration (at least B) with a premium on Pursuit (at least B-). If you have to, you can get away with not so high tackling (at least C+) b/c the 4-2-5 is a rally defense. Meaning more than one person should always be around the ball. But again only if you have to. Zone coverage is more important than man so the backer should at least have C+ zone coverage. Most importantly recruit any LB that fits this description whether he is a MLB or OLB. Knowing that all OLB will play in the middle so it won't be hard to find LB's. Weight is not important for MLB pos but try to stay over 215.

OLB's (Dogs) This is the fun position. And can be tough to find good personnel. As said earlier this position is designed for a SS/OLB hybrid and is essentially the most important positions on the field. With that said you will rarely find SS that can play it b/c they are so slow. So go after FS's who are usually faster. But make sure they are Hard Hitting FS's so they can tackle. THIS IS A MUST. Only recruit FS's that are at least B in Tackling and a litttle Hit power won't hurt. The reason why their tackling has to be so high is b/c they set the edge and if they miss the tackle its usually a big play. Also get the guys that are 195+ in weight and around 6'. You don't want the small DB bodies here. For these guys elite speed is not necessary but always a plus. 4.48- 4.50 is a good bottom out range. But you do want good Acceleration. At least B. Again Zone Coverage skills trumps Man Coverage. Also Some OLB's can play this position but make sure that meet the requirements. Usually they are the highly rated 5 stars though.

FS you should follow the same criteria for the OLB but with one exception. This guy has to has speed. B+ is the lowest i would go. You can compromise on tackling a lil but C is too low. Zone coverage should be as high as possible as well.

CB's they don't have to be very fast but make sure their Agility and Acc is good. So a CB with 4.48 speed is fine (wouldn't go lower) but make sure their AGi and ACC is at least a B but I would prefer higher. NO B- in any of those categories or its going to be air raid all day. LOL. Again Zone skill is key.

The 4-2-5 tends to be a more zone based defense. The reason being if you run man alot its easy for someone to spreads you and go trips. Matching LB's against WR's, not good. Also, if they spread you out and run the ball your dogs will be running with the WR's and not playing run, also not good. But the true reason most people play zone is b/c they use the FS as a robber. Meaning, he can play run or pass depending on what he reads. If its run, the FS gives you 9 men in the box which makes this defense tuff to run on. But if its a pass, the FS can jump crossing routes b/c he doesn't play as deep as in other defenses. I always play as the FS in this defense b/c of that reason plus the CPU doesn't do the FS pos justice in the 4-2-5. Sadly if you don't play with the FS there is only one play that actually simulate the robber concept and that's in 4-4 split, cov 2. And I know they have a cov. 2 in the 4-2-5 formations but in those cov. 2 plays the Dogs play deep instead of the corners which is just awful, even in real life. And another tip if u run 4-4 split make sure you formation sub out the OLB for your Dog type players because even though they are in the 4-2-5 form they won't be in this one.