View Single Post
Old 01-21-2021, 10:43 AM   #1
Outkizast
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

OVR: 12
Unpopular Opinion: I like 2k21 next gen

I'm gonna start this off by saying I havent played the 2K series religiously in the last few years.

I used to buy it every year and play it all the time since the Dreamcast days. Then somewhere around 2k17 or 18 I stopped buying it on release day and just didn't put the time into it that I used to.

Maybe this was due to getting older, I don't know.

Anyways on to the point, maybe its because of the break I had with 2k or something, but I am absolutely LOVING 2k21 on ps5. I didnt even know about all the issues people had with the game until I went on to OS and see all the thread titles talking about how many things are "broken" and how patches need to come out. How the dev's arent communicating... Its actually kind of funny because being on the Madden forums all the time, this is the norm as well. But NBA 2k does so many things better than Madden. Especially the depth of the game modes. It's like a breath of fresh air to be honest. I have been dreaming of a Madden that is as deep and detail oriented as NBA 2k21 next gen is.

It seems like the "sim" heads are the ones complaining about the lack of realism on 2k... But I have always considered my style to be sim... I want a realistic franchise experience where the difficulty can be adjusted to create realistic results both in a per play basis, and in end results. And the fact that 2K actually gives you all the tools with sliders and things to make this work for you, is amazing in my opinion. There are gameplay things like pick and roll defense, but its never been great in an nba game that I can remember so maybe I just accept that fact... I have no idea how hard it is to write the AI for that.

Is it just myplayer where people are upset? I have been putting a lot of time into that too, and it seems like they are doing a decent job of attempting to create balance with attributes and having a clear risk/reward system.. I can understand people being able to finish too well at the rim, and think there are definitely adjustments that can be made with collision there, but if someone has a legit 95+ driving dunk rating, I feel like they should he able to do that... Maybe it's the fact that getting that rating is too easily attainable that's the problem. Along with the top finishing badges of course....

Anyways sorry this was just an observation, it seems like taking a break from yearly titles can definitely help in the enjoyment when you do get back into it...

Maybe I should do the same with Madden, because to me it doesn't look like it could even stand a chance against 2k in terms of gameplay and depth/detail of game modes, options, difficulty sliders. It really looks like the devs are more interested in the small important things over here. Of course there are issues as well, but bugs and things that have work arounds are much easier to live with....

It sucks that so many people are frustrated and having horrible time with this game, but I honestly cannot stop playing it. I havent been addicted to an NBA 2k game in a long time and this one has been a blast so far. Hopefully the things you guys are frustrated about get fixed soon.
Advertisements - Register to remove