Old 01-22-2021, 10:47 AM   #2
JoshC1977
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Classic/Pulse Pitching with no feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger
I've been a fan of pulse pitching since it came out. I've also had the strike zone box off for a long time, but still had the controller rumble feedback on so I could sense when my pitch was getting to the edge of the strikezone.

I recently turned the rumble feedback off and I'm really liking it. Now when I push the left stick around, I'm not entirely sure how far away I'm placing the ball, so if I really want to throw outside the strike zone I find myself overcompensating sometimes.

Long story short, I've now buzzed a few towers unintentionally and threw a wild pitch, which used to pretty much never happen for me. I used to walk 0-2 batters a game and now it's more like 3-5. I'm still able to get strikeouts and still able to paint the black at times, just not as consistently as before (which is a good, as with the rumble feedback I was pitching like Greg Maddux with almost every pitcher).

If you're a Classic or Pulse user and want to see a more realistic lack of control, I would suggest turning the strikezone and pulse feedback off in the Settings.
I've been a BIG fan of turning off this stuff for quite some time. The funny thing, I actually pitch better with it off (though with the propensity to occasionally overcompensate like you mentioned). That rumble is just utterly obnoxious and really caused me to throw WAY too many strikes.

The other tidbit here....pitch out of broadcast cam. As you go on the road and that camera angle, you have a little adjustment period pitching in a different ballpark.