View Single Post
Old 01-25-2021, 10:06 PM   #1
zten11
MVP

OVR: 8
Saying Goodbye: The "I'm Officially Done with Madden" Thread

Madden is, has always been, and always will be one of the most hyped video game titles. We all heard about it from a young age, whether at elementary school, just paying attention to online media/newspapers, or just being introduced by a family that is passionate about football.

I turned just 11 years old in 2004. That's when Michael Vick was the cover boy of Madden. That's about the same time people started getting pissed off when the opponent would unfairly use their scrambling QB, who was of course, Mike Vick. Vick was like the only player you could use to that type of advantage. Now it's like half of the league's QBs.

Madden has improved dramatically in the last 15-20 years. But how could it not? As time passes, the barriers of technology are no more and the creators of Madden are able to implement things like: the hit stick/truck stick, QB playcalling vision, superstar X-factors, and you name it (etc. etc.)

I thought Madden 21 was pretty damn good myself. I had skipped out on quite a few Madden games over the previous decade. I did get 20, however, and liked it. Madden 21 I liked even better. I think this year's game was a fairly strong indicator of the positive momentum the Madden series should continue to pick up throughout the next 3-5 years.

For all of the pros and cons this game had, I thought it has slowly developed into a pretty good football experience, and that's especially as graphics/player movement/player contact has gone.

Simply put, I'm just bored of Madden. There are other games I enjoy more and those are games involving topics that don't interest me anywhere near the way football does.

I think for people like myself though, it's just that I was never really infatuated with Madden to begin with. I know there are a lot of people like this out there.

I'm speaking more of the people that never truly LOVED Madden football...because I know there are also too many of us that have gotten sick of it, that once did love the game more than anything.

I'm not one of those people. How would you describe your journey with Madden as it comes to a close?
Advertisements - Register to remove