View Single Post
Old 01-27-2021, 03:00 PM   #4
CM Hooe
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: User defense against default All Madden: D Line or bust?

I never play defensive line, my online league plays on All Madden (default sliders), and I don't have any X-Factor pass rushers on my roster, but I still led my league in sacks by a dozen. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

How I call my defense is pretty robotic. Against 2x2 sets I show at least a five-man surface. Against trips I always call either C4 Palms and freelance with the safety opposite of the passing strength (be mindful of crossers from #3) or C6 / C9 and user the C2-side Vertical Hook defender (carry #2 vertical, otherwise look for crossers). Against two-back sets I almost always send extra rushers. Against empty I call C1 Robber with press bail and user the 3-Rec (show blitz, then drop to #3).

One of the main problems the CPU has in M21 is that CPU QBs rarely - if ever - hot route a running back or tight end into pass blocking against obvious pressure looks. This makes formations such as Nickel Double A Gap or Nickel 335 Wide a bit overpowered vs the CPU, because it's easy to force the CPU pass blockers into one-on-ones as long as you hang around the line of scrimmage with a defender right at the snap with one of the linebackers. In combination with the long QB dropback issues, this makes defense on PS4 / XBOX One All-Madden trivially difficult. As long as I don't screw up on offense, I've mostly been naming my score against the CPU on PS4 All Madden for a while now.

On PS5, I have found the QBs to be more willing to throw the ball away and scramble, especially QBs with higher AWR ratings. I actually took my first loss on All Madden to the CPU in months on PS5 the other day against the Packers in a game that went to overtime. So there is hope for a challenging experience moving forward.

Last edited by CM Hooe; 01-27-2021 at 03:04 PM.