View Single Post
Old 01-31-2021, 07:38 AM   #8
TurkeyOfJive
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: You can hold someone against the cage for long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Grappler
On this subject, there is an ACTUAL exploit in this position/situation. When you flick the stick to take their back, then immediately input the backpack position, it bypasses their ability to deny the initial back take. So regardless of whether or not they denied the initial backtake, you can jump on their back in backpack position. It’s definitely an exploit... it even has a glitchy animation where it looks like your opponent is denying your “go behind”... then suddenly you skip like 50 frames straight into the backpack attempt.

Normally, you press the left stick sideways to get behind your opponent (when in single under against cage). Your opponent can deny this by matching your left stick input. If they DON’T deny by matching your input, and you successfully get behind them, you can then attempt the backpack transition. The backpack position is also denied via RT/R2.

This is all stuff everyone knows. So, once you get your opponent to the cage, there are 2 steps to attain the backpack - and each of those two steps are deniable. First you get behind them with the analog stick, then you jump on their back with RB + X.

But with this exploit, you skip step one and proceed straight to step 2. You still have to begin by pressing the analog stick to get behind them, but if you immediately input the backpack transition (literally as the animation is playing), you warp straight into the animation of jumping on their back. It does not matter if your opponent correctly denies your go behind with the analog stick - hell it will even SHOW the animation of you getting denied, before suddenly warping into the backpack attempt.

The backpack attempt is still deniable, but you basically have to concede the struggle and immediately hold R2.

I've seen this many times and it is incredibly frustrating - particularly when people clearly know this exploit and repeat it. I wasn't aware you could hold R2 before they take the back and immediately backpack to prevent the backpack though - I'll bare that in mind in future.