View Single Post
Old 02-02-2021, 05:15 PM   #5
tango602
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Allez Massy - Rugby Challenge 2

If you are enjoying reading about my career mode with Massy then please let me know, there are a few updates to come but this is how December's matches played out.

December 2012 - Pro D2

Opening up December's Pro D2 fixtures for my Massy side was a home game against Carcassonne, the last time I had faced them was in a pre-season game where I lost 22-14 so I was hoping that things would turn out better this time around and that is exactly what happened after a much improved performance from the pre-season encounter resulting in a 28-19 win.

Following the victory over Carcassonne was a trip to face La Rochelle who I expected to be tough opposition and that had proved to be the case in pre-season so it was the expectation again for this matchup, they did pose a challenge but I came out with a much better result than I had anticipated, a 28-10 win away from home.

Next up in December was a first encounter with Narbonne, this was an away game and opposition who while lower in the league were a team I knew nothing about beforehand so it was very much a case of going in blind and hoping for the best, as it turned out Narbonne proved to be difficult opposition though thankfully my Massy side came out with a narrow 14-12 win thanks to tries from Robert Johnston and Jordi Rouge as well as two successful conversion kicks from Benoit Bonetti.

The penultimate matchup in December's Pro D2 fixtures for me was a home match against Aurillac, this marked the half way point of the league and another team that I had no prior knowledge about and as a result I was not sure what to expect from facing them, it turned out to be another difficult match but one that resulted in another narrow 14-12 win for my team.

Finishing up December's matches was the visit of Albi who I had beaten in the opening league game, as a result of this and the fact they are one of the other teams fighting for promotion I hoped to get another win against them, unfortunately however this was not to be as this turned out to be a 19-7 loss in a match that Albi controlled throughout and while a bit frustrating it was only my second defeat of the season so hopefully it will not affect things too much.

After December and having just passed the half way point of the league, my team are still in the promotion playoff places which is far beyond what I expected at the start and there is still a chance of winning the league for automatic promotion, unfortunately Robert Johnston was injured though and will be out for a few months which is not ideal. In January my team will only have two matches to play against Pays D'Aix and Brive.
Advertisements - Register to remove