View Single Post
Old 02-04-2021, 08:01 PM   #48
baseballrosters
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: MBMavs20 Pitch Edits 2007-2019

I am exporting/importing The 2001,
25-Man roster from MLB 17.
It was done by "JohnEKool", and has JTommy's RBU Ratings edits.

What I figured to do, was use your 2007 Pitch Data, for the 2001 Players. Ideally, I want to use this 25-Man roster to simulate forward, and pull stats for players.

Then, use other rosters to create a deeper roster, like 60-70-Man depth. It all starts with getting this RBU roster from 2001 on MLB 19/20. I will then add pitch edits and that roster will serve as base for players with service time + career stats, ranging from 1998-2008.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBMavs20
Thanks for the kind words baseballrosters. Correct pitch edits makes the game so much more enjoyable to me.

The site I use for my edits, Brooksbaseball.net, only has pitch data starting with the 2007 season. Anything before that is just searching the internet, or using the Neyer/James Pitch guide book which is awesome.

I did some pitch edits for the 1987 Full 90 man roster a couple of years ago and put them in a spreadsheet. Took a lot of digging but they turned out pretty well I thought.

With no data, it's a little tougher to do pitch edits for older pitchers. However, not impossible.

If any creators were doing classic rosters, I would be happy to try and help. The MLB Vault website is good for old footage of pitchers. That way, you can try and judge the break and type of pitch they throw, and get an estimate for the break and speed.
Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Operation Sports mobile app