Old 02-09-2021, 09:28 PM   #17
Junior Moe
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports College Football FAQ: Here's What to Know So Far

Quote:
Originally Posted by cch99
I can't see them making this an every year release.* My guess is the hope is with this far enough out they can pay a player's union or do something to get real rosters.**

Otherwise there just isn't enough change in these games year to year for a whole new game every year with fake names.* The first year sure.* It will probably do really well since it hasn't been around in a while but after that I could see a big drop off with fake names and no roster editing.
I actually think college sports games are niche enough for a non annual release. I see it talked about a lot with regards to NBA 2K, Madden and The Show and it makes no sense to me. Not only are they contractually obligated to release yearly, but they sell well each year. Why miss out on all that revenue each year? A gamer can simply wait a year or two between releases and see a larger gameplay difference if that's what they want.

College games, even the vaunted NCAA Football, only sold a fraction of what the pro games sold. Theres a market and I'm sure money to be made but it's not as much. They could release every few years when theres more demand and presumably improvements to the engine via the pro game. I think it could work with College Hoops and even EAs MVP College Baseball.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app