View Single Post
Old 02-24-2021, 10:08 AM   #1
canes21
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Is this the year we finally get a Carousel?

A recent conversation in the CFB board had me thinking about a Coaching Carousel again. When NHL got the feature not too long ago, we all assumed this was sort of a test run and Madden would surely get the feature.

Obviously it hasn't been brought over still. With CFB being announced to be releasing in the near future, it seems like even more points towards Madden potentially getting this feature added in.

We know it won't be a stretch for EA to not include the carousel in the new CFB game. Nothing would surprise us with EA anymore, but I would like to think this is a feature they worked so hard to get into NCAA 14 that they want to make sure it does return, hopefully improved, for the reboot of the series.

Given that NHL has had it for years and EA has more familiarity with the feature and should be more comfortable with it, is now not a good time for them to get it into Madden to not only lay the foundation for the CFB release, but to also be a major addition to quiet down the #FixMaddenFranchise crowd that will surely return if EA drops the ball again with the mode moving forward?

We all know Madden would get a big feature, it would get tested and tuned, then NCAA got it the next year. It seems like now is a good opportunity for that type of feature to return Madden to be fine tuned for the CFB release that will be here soon. It's a net positive for both games. It gives the franchise crowd a huge feature they've been wishing for for years, and it helps ensure the CFB dynasty mode is no less of a mode than what we had in 2013.

Given the bad PR with franchise mode and the effort EA has taken to patch in a decent amount of smaller wishlist items this year, it would seem safe to assume EA will not want to launch the CFB series with a lackluster dynasty mode. That would be a potential PR disaster.

With what appears to be a renewed focus on franchise mode, I think it is safe to assume dynasty mode will get its share of attention to. The coaching carousel is a huge feature that you feel any sports game about has to have at this point. I think CFB being announced to return is a perfect opportunity for Madden to get a feature like the carousel added into the game to not only benefit Madden, but for the CFB series as well.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove