View Single Post
Old 02-28-2021, 05:00 PM   #1
Granbyroll
Rookie

OVR: 0
Denials are not responsive and you can't chain combos to takedowns

I sat down the other day and played all the ufcs. All of them have vast improvements over the last. But there does seem to be a loss in responsiveness.

UFC 2 had very responsive denials. I attribute this to the denial windows. But what do I know😂. But when players transitioned I wasn't constantly questioning my reaction time. It made sense. I can understand side control needing a nerf. But each time I strike they receiving full ga makes no sense.

The same goes for top mount. Its very hard to deny in top mount even with full ga. Posture up is hard to deny. And when you do posture up its to easy to be swept and there's no impact momente and its hard to get damage off.

UFC 3 had slightly more responsive denials then 4 but less then UFC 2. But it had undeniable takedowns that required skill to get and you could effortlessly combo into a takedown or clinch attempts. In UFC 2 and UFC 3 you could get a takedown off of a hit stun much easier. These concepts seem virtually non existent in UFC 4 unless its off a jab. The jab is the only thing you can combo into a takedown from. In the clinch it feels like the same story.

I do enjoy the chain wrestling even if I don't understand some aspects like the turns and chaining into power singles and doubles and backturns. I just think the game needs a few slight tweaks to be legendary. I enjoy the career mode. The only thing it needs is interactive press conferences pre and post fight.
Advertisements - Register to remove