View Single Post
Old 03-03-2021, 07:36 PM   #10788
Velocityy
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: ***The Official Football Manager Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntan Superman
Part of the reason I haven't said much is even for how much I've enjoyed the game(and it's a lot) I've played so much over the last 10 years, that I kind of feel.... out of ideas? I spent pretty much every save pre-winter update so far jumping around, and not really sticking with anything. I started my yearly Viborg save just because I feel so out of ideas.
Makes sense for all you guys that have said that. I guess I'm newer to FM as I only started playing in 17. I'm at work so don't have screen grabs but am trying my usual Tier 6 to EPL. I've never been good enough/patient enough with this game, so I've only ever made it to League 1 in the past.

But after multiple years I'm starting to fully get everything, and I'm doing quite well. I took over Boston United, finished 3rd in Tier 6, won in the playoffs to get promoted. I've literally never won in a damn playoff. In FM 20 I was stuck in Vanarama National, made the playoffs 5 straight years and lost 5 straight years.

In my first year in Tier 5, I made wholesale changes and somehow ran away with the league, getting 106 points in my first season.

Started off with an incredibly long unbeaten run in Tier 4, was sitting in 2nd and in the automatic promotion spots. Hit the tougher part of my schedule and some reality hit. I'm now squarely in the playoff picture with 7 games left, but it seems doubtful I'll be automatically promoted. Honestly I'm a bit worried about climbing too quickly so maybe it'll be okay to get stuck for another year or two.

Either way, completely sucked in. Loving the newer press conferences and the player chats. Makes me feel like everything is more important/real...even if it isn't. Trying to be more involved with training too, which I used to ignore completely.