View Single Post
Old 03-08-2021, 09:00 PM   #8
ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Offense inside the 5-yard line

Without doing what was described above (calling plays and changing them), I can run the ball in. I’m not trying to say it’s your fault, but are you maybe not timing the burst right? Or is your OL sub par, or maybe your RB doesn’t have good acceleration?

The runs I use are usually stretch, power or tosses to the outside, QB power runs, and when it’s at the one or two, QB sneaks or shotgun inside zones. I usually have great tackles, so that helps, and on QB runs I’ll put a TE in the slot and a FB in at RB to help block.

Works pretty well for me. But I will also run either shotgun and whip routes or slants, or boot type passes out of a two tight end set (usually from about the 6), with a TE leaking across the formation behind the line. The latter requires a quick throw away if I’m about to be sacked.

Not that I’m so great. My problem is that I don’t run enough and throw way too many stupid red zone interceptions due to being way too aggressive. It’s hard for me to resist trying to throw a guy open and win a one on one. When I’m patient, I do well with throws to the RB in the flat in goal line.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.