View Single Post
Old 03-16-2021, 10:34 AM   #5
driz14
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 21 Gameplay Trailer

Picked up the game last night. It's definitely WAY better than any version of RBI they have released to date. Feature heavy and a lot of settings to mess around with including sliders. Difficulty already seems dialed down. I didn't get blown out in the first inning like in previous years. I'm probably terrible at it regardless. Day to night transitions look great. The stadiums and overall feel of each park are well done. I shockingly like the commentary. Simple and not overdone but adds a welcome change to the series. It definitely has the flavor of the 2k baseball games. If you play the game for what it is then you will enjoy it.

The biggest downside? They still have the suck-up animations when fielding a ball. So many times when fielding a ball it clearly looked well past me but somehow lands in my glove. Hitting is the same way. A ball that looks like you went opposite field gets pulled and vice versa. It's also supposed to be Series X | S optimized. The lie detector determined that was a lie. Joking. But seriously, the game is VERY choppy depending on the camera view. Especially in Home Run Derby. Yikes. Loading times are surprisingly longer than I expected on the Series X. No HDR or AutoHDR. I'd really like to know what's supposed to be optimized here? Not expecting much but still. All in all, if you can get past the oddities that come along with the series, it's still fun for $30 bucks. I'm all for supporting more baseball games!
Advertisements - Register to remove