Old 03-21-2021, 12:48 AM   #174
servo75
Pro

servo75's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: TDawg3782's Madden 20 CFM Progression Tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
Regression mod has been added to the tool and we are currently running it through some tests to make sure everything works as it should and league distribution stays good.

Here is a generalized idea on how it works: Every player above 4 years experience and above 79 ovr (no more progression) gets a regression rate. The rates are 25%, 50%, 75%, 100%. The higher the better. That is the percentage of skill points lost that gets added back on. All players below 80 ovr get a 0% (or default regression rate). Players with less then 4 years experience are exactly the same except we look at their potential ovr and not actual ovr. Players have a 59% chance off getting a 25% regression rate, a 20% chance of getting a 50% regression rate, a 15% chance of getting a 75% regression rate, and a 5% chance of getting a 100% regression rate. Nothing gets added back to a player until they start to regress.

If I read this correctly does that mean players no longer progress after four years? And also, I like the idea of this tool preventing the ridiculous regression in the game itself, but I don't think it can prevent a QB losing 6 overall in his 10th year, but merely replaces lost points?

The way I understand from reading so far is that a player in week 1 year 1 gets assigned a potential through some formula including the dev traits. The difference between their current rating and that potential results in skill points (similar to the XP points from the default game?) that randomly get assigned 3x per year through years 1-6 according to probability? How is the potential determined? Do all players (assuming they're rookies in year 1) reach their potential? In Year 1 of a franchise, will a player who is a rookie develop more than a player who is already in 3rd year?

Just in general, what is your main issue with the XP system, how is this better and what should we notice different when we start using it?

Last edited by servo75; 03-21-2021 at 01:09 AM.