View Single Post
Old 03-28-2021, 10:39 AM   #4
Cory Levy
Pro

Cory Levy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Can't Stick with a Franchise

It's hard for me to also stick with a singular franchise. I love playing as my favorite team (the Cowboys) but it's so hard when I get that conflict between it being my own contained universe versus matching the moves the team makes in real life. Then I also love building a new team from scratch but it's too easy to 'game' the system and make the team good a little too quickly.

All of that is confounded by the fact that Madden itself really makes no effort in immersing you or keeping you interested in your own franchise. It boils down to feeling like you're just churning through a string of play now games for no rhyme or reason.

I've taken some time off from playing the game and I'm planning on going full in on an 'all out' franchise where I turn the AFC South into my playground of sorts (I switch back and forth between two 'storylines' that I love, that being a Toronto team filled with XFL cast offs that is sort of a 'loveable misfits' type team and a San Antonio expansion made up of former Cowboys players/personnel as a sort of rival against Jerry Jones and I plan on doing both in the same franchise).